But the Nihal gate is an aggregator gateway for species from across the Milky Way, as well as home to a major traffic gateway from the Lesser Magellanic Cloud as well as Andromeda. It is a seriously important hub for spiritual traffic in this galaxy.
So who are Nihals?
Properly, they are residents of this galaxy who originate on the far side of the Nihal gate.
* Unicorns / Ju'rai
* Some gryphons, specifically the gryphons known during the age of Man's early cities
* Swans (yes, swans! They look like theropods out there, white, scaled with long toes and dark markings)
* Right whales
* Some extinct crocodilians
* Two species of spider (including the brown recluse)
* and wallabies. (Not kangaroos, but wallabies. Kangaroos are Earth specific.)
* On top of that, metheow, who may feel themselves to be like "lizard-folk" or dragon-kin, but the key structure to be aware of in the "physical" spirit body is a doubled spinal column. Metheow are from a white dwarf star near Ju'rai, and are well known to the peoples there; they are not reptiles, but qualify as full mammals based on the common attributes (endothermic, hair-bearing, internal gestation and live birth, breastfeeding from mothers' milk).
So if you find yourself wondering at the stars, or the children of this Age, or feeling like even though you belong here you've come from far away, perhaps this message will help:
"Sing your song. Earth needs it now."