one among many|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
one in a billion's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Saturday, November 21st, 2015|
|Myth: On the Substance of the Creation of Unicorns on Earth
There was a time when unicorns did not exist, before the days of Mankind. In that time were four gods, two of whom were male and one of whom was female. The fourth was without gender.
The non-gendered god said, "I will make of my spirit a place where all are welcome."
The male god who was of forests said, "I approve, and will join my realm to this one."
The male god who was of places unwild said, "Let that place be there; for the ordered lands are mine, and I cannot abide those who do not follow my law."
The woman nodded, and said, "I will be in all these places, and give them life."( So the realm of Faery was formed...Collapse )This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/26884.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015|
|Sunday, November 1st, 2015|
So this morning I have been told exactly why I'm suffering so intensely. Apparently it is well beyond what a shaman would normally have to endure.
But here is what I was told: I'm being front-loaded for a transformation. All the pain first, so it's painless (if a little uncomfortable) when it happens.
According to Tara, that transformation is going to change my whole life. Which is nice, I suppose, but I would like to not have to wait for positive changes any longer than I have to. I gave notice of six months around the equinox as a deadline for improving my life, or I intend to take that out of others' hands.
The world will supposedly know me afterward, where it only has a few blog and Twitter posts now. I'll probably have to change a few things online to keep up with the kinds of people who are likely to cause problems for me. And of course there are always skeptics who cannot believe until it has been measured directly -- and sometimes not even then.
Well, we will see. I have seen one kind of change happen, but incompletely. We'll see what happens.
This change is supposed to be a matter of weeks now, not lifetimes. It had damn well better be, because I am tired of living as a bare shadow of a person, and I am tired of fighting for the life I wasn't allowed and can't have now.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/26470.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Wednesday, October 28th, 2015|
|Fiction: How Dream conquered Conquest
"I have mastered the magics of power," he said, "and at my word, angels shall fall, the gods tremble, the sky break! You will kneel before me."
She nodded in acknowledgment. "You have mastered power, I suppose. I'll take you at your word there. Have you understood what it means?"
He frowned. "Irrelevant. Knowledge itself is power, therefore I know its meaning. Now: KNEEL!" At his word, the sky did indeed shake and the world before him trembled.
The child sighed, looking up at his mighty, chiseled face. She turned away, and he dropped to his own knees. Shock and anger filled the man's beauteous visage. She began to speak: "Do you know how I have silenced you and brought you do your knees?"
She skipped forward two steps, then turned. "It's simple, actually. You command only power. I command freedom."
The would-be god tried to lift his hand, to summon his weapon and strike her down. Nothing moved.
"Thou art the mountain/ No longer name alone
," she chanted with a smile. "I'm sorry. You'll calm down after a while, I think. I won't keep you longer than necessary."
Then she walked away, her body growing to adult form in a few seconds.
One thousand four hundred and one years later, the village near Stone Man Mountain received a visitor. The woman wore shades of pink and red, and a smile that made everyone happier who looked on it.
"Today, you have to move," she told the elders, and any villager who would listen. "The mountain is going to come home."
Nobody believed her until it lifted a mighty hand and began to cry.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/26118.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Monday, October 26th, 2015|
|Channeling: Loss of purpose
This is a channeling from Verastes the Maker AND Tara, Goddess of sexuality, beauty, and unicorns.
V: First, I must apologize for using Z. this way. I did not expect to be condemned by my own people for it.
T: And I must explain. Anyus Sevaya is not the enemy of humankind. However, neither she nor I wear masks to hide our deeds by these names. To wit, many gods wear a name under which they commit the evil that is said to be the work of devils. We do not.
T: And that means I must apologize. I am a loving goddess, but I am not always a good one.
V: This is normal for fae. Not so normal for elves, by the way.
T: Which is always the case.
T: What I mean by that is, elves are not faeries. Nor vice versa. Despite many cultures saying that they are!
V: With that out of the way, we need to explain why this channeling is happening.
V: It's not easy to say, but I made one important mistake: I founded an entire plan on ONE person.
T: And since I know who that is, I okayed it. Mistake number one for me.
V: Z. is someone powerful enough to do that sort of thing with. Unfortunately, they aren't as powerful as all of us combined, and the Universe insisted that we all stand with it in making an oracle. Then refused to explain why.
T: The result is, Z lost everything she was promised, while we all learned a lesson in hubris.
V: So. My promise right now is, Z Will learn lots of things that have been denied and removed from her, while we work on restitution.
V: And on making good on those promises. Unfortunately, a lot of folks want Anyus first, me second, and won't accept anything but HER giving them the things promised. Which is where all that knowledge went, when the promised inspiration and understandings did not come at the promised times.
T: So back up and explain: Why Anyus?
T: Because she is a bringer of visions, of course. That is literally the whole reason. It is her raison d'etre
. But when she is denied HER visions, what do you think is going to happen?
V: And that is the biggest reason we failed. Denial.
V: And to think, my mad scientist "devil" character wasn't crazy until I tried to make Anyus leave Earth...
V: Yes, I am THE archetypal mad scientist. :/
T: And I, well, I'm a unicorn. And a Celt. Celts aren't much for liars.
T: Thank you for reading.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/26038.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Thursday, October 22nd, 2015|
So as I was out tonight, I learned why I like to look at the constellation Orion, and why it has more meaning for me than the Big and Little Dippers (or Bears):
Arastke is just a few fingers' width to the right of Orion's belt. I've been looking at Home the whole time.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/25640.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Wednesday, October 21st, 2015|
|The Council of Hospitality
The Council of Hospitality is a committee of Heaven dedicated to "Helping in every way we can, whenever we can, at what cost may be borne successfully."
There are nine primary members, plus one "outranging" or external member:
1. Committee chair, Carmen Trantori, Voudun Loa of Women and Human relations.
2. Jesus Christ, WHO IS Kheperu. He is the Master of Christ Consciousness for the current people of Earth, but also a teacher and guide through physical and emotional transitions. The previous Master of Psychology for Humankind.
3. Astarte who is Ishtar and Noe'e. She is the Goddess of Civilization, Justice, Sexuality, and Comfort for several species of this galaxy, including humans, Lyrans, and dragons.
4. Marcus Aurelius Apotheoi, the ascended Name of a human (Marcus Protestes maximus) who was granted godhood for his dedication to humankind and well-being as a sceptic ascetic.
5. Amaterasu, Goddess of Fire, Light, and the Sun, whose Compassion heals the world. She is the Japanese goddess who is present for all surgeries, and who cares deeply for the balance of human relations between men and women.
6. Verastes the Maker, dragon and engineer. A God of mastery itself, and a highest-ranking Blueprint Master.
7. Brigit the Forge, Celtic goddess of the forge and making, of Smiths and Bards, of warriors, women, and might.
8. Sekmet the Lioness, Eye of Ra. Her power is not merely violence, but wilderness; she is the power of the forests and deserts and all wild things. She is represented outside Egypt by the Cougar.
9. Ptah who is Coyote. This is Ptah the Elder, god of elderhood and aging, as well as Coyote the Clown and Trickster. His dual nature in this case allows him insight into those who are "liminal", meaning they are barrier breakers and crossers of lines drawn by others.
And the outranging member is Anyus Sevaya, meaning Vision the Elder, Goddess of dreams, vision, psychology and understanding. She is the current Master of Human psychology under Heaven.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/25596.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|The nine forms of magic
These are the nine known forms of magic when it is in use or enacted. The Blueprinters have written essays on each one; I am going to summarize rather than quote.
From most common to least:
1. Word of power
. This is a word or phrase which is used to symbolize the work of the spell.
. This is a written or mental non-verbal symbol which also symbolizes the work of the spell. Most commonly used in magical constructs and engineering work in spirit.
. This is a burst of energy which is projected toward its target. The energy is "colored" with a particular intent.
. This is a tangle or knot of energies, linked together so that pulling on one pulls on another. Often the knot itself alters the energy patterns passing through it, much as a heat exchanger or a materials filter would.
. This is a pretty standard "magical circle" with directives written around it, or coloring the energies that pass through it.
. This is the name of a spirit or diety, used to empower a working using that being's energies. Typically used in prayer, often comes with conditions.
. This is an emanation of energies, rather like an electromagnetic field. It is often used in "charismatic" applications, where an item or person radiates an intent ("look at me" or "invisible/do not notice" are rather common uses).
. The pattern is connecting one thing to another, often with a directional filter. This is the sort of magic that causes "node workings" to function, aka quantum node bundles.
. This is a "lump" of something or someone inserted as a weight or influence to direct someone toward it or weigh the pattern down (often to add drag or reduce force).This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/25202.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Friday, October 16th, 2015|
There's a theory of psychology found among Blueprinters which states:
"The model in the mind is typically relied on to the extent that a person believes they already know what they are modeling."
This is why so many errors of assumption are made before people are finished talking. An incorrect evaluation of one's internal model, due to fuzzy construction methods best used in survival and basic needs fulfillment, leads to assumptions which are not correctly discarded during a reading or conversation on a particular topic.
This is also partly why people don't want to give up political errors; the other part is a tribal association, in that the "politics of my people" cause someone to cling to those politics even when visibly erroneous, especially under pressure (when most people try to cling to each other for survival reasons).
Thus, taking responsibility for one's mind requires an evaluation of the foundations of one's belief, with attempts to argue *against* oneself. Unfortunately, most people attempt this without valid scientific training, and thus argue themselves out of healthy and functional positions.
The correct method would be to create a model, and then test it against one's observations and the world as such. If the model does not match the world, one's observations
may in fact be erroneous, but one should attempt to adapt the model anyway and try again. The problem is usually in erroneous foundational beliefs (such as "guns are always good/evil") which are filtering one's observations and blocking details which would support a more accurate model.
This is why I'm waiting to tell my family to their faces that I'm transgendered. They read my blog. I'm in a situation where survival requires compromises with people who presume that a political affiliation that half the nation shares
is a sign of insanity. On top of that, each small gesture to say that "I am not exactly like you" in the presence of my nephews (such as a brief comment indicating that I am a Pagan, not a Christian) is dismissed or condemned as a wrong committed against the family. Why should I share anything more important?This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/24726.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Wednesday, September 30th, 2015|
|Poetry: At Trumpet, Victory?
When at last the music calls,
My heart ceases,
My body falls,
I shall then have but one last cry:Was it victory?
For in my hunt to gain the Truth
Attain my Self,
Reveal past Youth and Age
The face that should have been,Did I myself destroy?
Or will I find that
At last t'was done
And all was well;
That tale thus spunTold what was,
What only would have been?
I wait to see.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/24517.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015|
|The four types of dragon
* Dinosaur (particularly carnivorous types) - from Earth. Uncommon but well-known. Egg-laying, (mostly) meat-eating, mostly aggressive, and mostly territorial. Known in many cases to have feathers, scales, and forelimb wings; has a "tail body" (hindquarters neural cluster) but no chakra for it. The least interested in Earthly wealth, the most in "shinies". One of the two primary "reptilian" aliens. Most well-known, includes "feathered dragons" and similar creatures, as well as "terror beasts". Being of Earth, they have little or no interest in hiding themselves in any way, and are often the most free in discussing their Otherkin nature when incarnate.
* Dra'khan - from the star which formed the stellar gas void called the Local Bubble, and distributed across the Milky Way galaxy. Carry fetuses to term, live birth. Omnivorous despite carnivorous dentation, social and communal, prone to wandering in early adulthood. Smooth skin, fur and hairy mane, bat-like wings on their backs; color-changing spots on face below their eyes, an internal eye in the skull (literal third eye), and tail body with chakra. The most interested in wisdom, the least in material possessions (though this may change due to recent developments elsewhere); the most like humans emotionally. The primary protectors of culture and wisdom on Earth. Most Dra'khan are shape-shifters who have had many other forms and incarnations (at least five).
* Sirian - from Akh-Nazhdur (the Lesser Magellanic Cloud), entered the Milky Way through the Gate at Sirius Alpha/Beta. Egg-laying, omnivorous, emotionally distant, highly capitalistic. Four eyes, leathery skin with scaly regions, reptilian visage, known to worship leather-winged angels and gods. The most interested in Earthly wealth, the least in emotional connection. One of the two primary "reptilian" aliens. The most well-known of draconic types, Sirians are possessive and hierarchical regarding power and wealth. Most Sirians wear masks to hide their true nature and prevent human spirits from assaulting them.
* Arcturan - from the star Arcturus. Carry eggs to term, live birth (shark-like). Highly communal but also socially divided, omnivorous, prone to oversharing, known for facial whiskers/barbels. Not strongly religious, but may develop affiliation or affection for a particular philosophy. The most interested in daily life, the least in claiming territory. The least well-known of draconic types, Arcturans are more interested in scientific advancement and cultural phenomena than in hoarding and personal power. Most Arcturans are uninterested in hiding, but will cover themselves to avoid unwanted notice.
* Note on wyvern - Wyverns *are* in fact dragons, but only if dinosaurs count. "Wyvern" is the name given to dragons with forelimb wings and no back-mounted wings. That means that most winged dinosaurs count as wyverns.Creatures occasionally mistaken for dragon:
* Peryton - an antlered, often winged, great deer. Sirian in origin, the peryton is the "questing beast" by which these people prefer to prove their hunting prowess. Also the origin of the Arthurian Questing Beast in Britain and northern France -- in this case, a peryton in "nightmare" form due to severe spirit-body injury. Some perytons are depicted as bipedal with forelimb wings, but the original was/is quadrupedal.
* Chimaera - The original Chimaera (pronounced "ki-MEHR-ah") was a god of Phoenicia, a Mediterranean island nation conquered by the Greeks. His porfolio included dreams, shapeshifting, and life-path guidance. Like Medusa, the goddess of beauty whose oracles handled snakes (in many cultures thought to bear wisdom) and wore masks to frighten evil spirits, his cult was silenced and his likeness was turned into a monster instead of a beautiful human who could take on several forms.
* Hydra and basilisk - The hydra and the basilisk are actually giant serpents, in their original form. The Lernaean hydra originated from the Amphisbaena, the two-headed snake served by the oracle of Hermes, merely boosted to monstrous aspect. Hydras are often depicted as if they were dinosaurs with multiple heads due to the legend of Hercules; however, the hydra is the same creature as the basilisk, merely from different cultures! The Harry Potter stories and movies got this one right. Typically a basilisk (and thus a hydra if it's not merely a giant lizard or snake) is said to have poisonous breath and/or bite, a gaze that can turn the unwary to stone (or rather, petrify with fear!) if one's will is not strong enough, and fangs that can pierce the strongest bronze shields and armor. This legend originated, oddly enough, with Komodo dragons, the Earthly lizards with a septic bite strong enough to kill a large animal in a day.
* Manticore - The manticore (or mantegor, for Romans) is a Pvilan beast with the face of a man, the strength of a lion, the mane of a wolf, and a stinging tail (not originally a scorpion tail -- that was added after the myth met the desert). This beast was known across the Equatorial region of Earth, by many cultures. Gryphons honored its symbolism of strength unyielding, as the original Xabiphon culture gives honor to those who remain unconquered in war. The "tail" is actually a lash or whip with steel claws (traditionally forge steel) for extra damage; in the original Pvilan, the word for whip translates as "tail" or "cord" depending on which of three languages is used.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/24154.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Who I truly am
I think it's time I wrote about this. It's going to shock a lot of people, annoy a few, and disappoint some. And as usual, it's going to alienate family who want to believe I'm merely insane.
Let's introduce the primary characters in this play.
I am Anyüs (AHN-yoos), a unicorn. My soul-name means "Of Dream" or "Of Vision". In spirit I am known as a child of dreams who in maturity is a psychologist and a powerful soldier of my people. I am often sent forth as a herald for J'rai, the lithe and gracile unicorns -- horn on forehead -- of our homeworld Araştke (ah-RAHSHT-kah), "Little Ribbon" or "Little Wrap-Around". The solid and robust unicorns -- horn on snout -- are called Ju'rema (joo-REE-mah), and I am known by another name to them (one which will be relevant to a whole other life). I am the spirit or soul who is rightfully incarnate in this person, whose given name starts with "Z".
Verastes the Maker is a dra'khan known for his abilities with technology, making, and creation. He is extremely well-known in the spirit realms of this world and many others, and his is the soul whom I once described as being "older than this universe". He was to be my muse and guide to technology, business, and social niceties in the software and games industries.
There is a chthonic spirit whose name is the sound of bubbling mud and blowing wind in the trees of Earth. It has wanted to punish humankind for excessive growth and the destruction of wilderness for some time. That chthon took on the role of an urge
, the lowest form of devil. Urges, as their name implies, provoke unwanted emotion or behavior. It certainly did, for the entire time it possessed my body.
So with these players described, let us set the scene:( Read more...Collapse )This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/23707.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Tuesday, July 21st, 2015|
|Tuesday, July 7th, 2015|
|Monday, July 6th, 2015|
|Poetry: And Whispers In The Dark
T'ema's adventure continues!
This is the epic completion of the triptych started with "Beyond All Terror and continuing in "Lies Its Memory. As usual it is being written mostly off the cuff, using poetic structure to help me get the story out where prose is more difficult.
Content warning: This poem has a stalking hero and a moderately violent confrontation in it. Be mindful of your headspace when reading it.
The day was cool but spring was coming,
And T'ema was ready for it.
She had been through a month of winter
And had little idea what was next.
The spirits told her these changes were normal,
Yet she hardly believed it.
Her oath nudged at her,
And she finished her breakfast quickly.
The paperwork to be finished took
Almost an hour, and then she was free.
Free to hunt, she thought.( T"ema corrected herself.Collapse )This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/23002.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Wednesday, June 24th, 2015|
|A myth of creation from Arashtke
When there was dark and only dark, there was nothing.
Then Auros (Ultimate, the One Soul, who has no gender) spoke, and light arose. In that light formed a dark thing, and it was a world. The world was a ribbon and on that ribbon walked people. All from a single word of Auros, whose power is above our own.
Auros shook itself, and tore in nine: Eight gods of truth, and one of leadership.
These then named themselves after their roles.Pattern, Nature, Light, Dark, Healing, Honesty, Love, Purity.
These names persisted, watching the people walk and play. Then the people suffered, and cried loudly. The gods looked on them, and saw language forming.
With language, then there were People. And Truth nodded, writing it down.
Purity came to them, and they were cleansed of their suffering. So they swore forever to be pure. Of course they fell immediately. Love came and helped them back to their feet, and walked with them.
Then came a Dream, a child of Light who spoke nothing at all.
Nature took her in, and the world began to flourish, for Dream is also Growth.
Pattern taught her, and Dream became Understanding.
Dark opened her cloak, and Dream saw Truth beneath it.
Honesty smiled, and Dream told him Prophecy.
Then Healing came, and Dream sat at his feet and learned Medicine.
Dream grew older, and Love tried to pair with her. She smiled and danced with him, but nothing happened. Dream was already full in love.
Purity came to Dream, and Dream became woman.
Then Dream came to Love and they made love together.
Power watched, knowing the whole reason Dream existed.
Eventually, Dream came to Power and asked, "What will you teach me?"
Power said, "Yourself."
And the People began to Dream.
This is the tale of the gods of J'rai as they once were known.This entry was originally posted at http://zeeth-kyrah.dreamwidth.org/22669.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
|Monday, June 15th, 2015|
|Sunday, May 17th, 2015|